Friday, September 12, 2008

Reflections from 9/12

  • Do you or do you not directly or indirectly want to kill or assault?
  • We contribute to violence and nonviolence everyday in ways that we often overlook.
  • How many lives have I indirectly killed or assaulted?
  • Be more conscious of how I contribute to violence in my every day actions
  • Although many view different religions as a source of conflict, there are nonviolent tendencies in every religion that are frequently overlooked
  • Though brief, I really enjoyed researching the nonviolent traditions of Islam, especially Jihad
  • It is disturbing to think how different my life would be if I refused to contribute to violence
  • Camus - we must raise our voices, we must make a choice to delegitimize violence
  • Can torture be legitimized by the goal of saving lives?
  • All nonviolence stems from finding our true nature

No comments: