- Do you or do you not directly or indirectly want to kill or assault?
- We contribute to violence and nonviolence everyday in ways that we often overlook.
- How many lives have I indirectly killed or assaulted?
- Be more conscious of how I contribute to violence in my every day actions
- Although many view different religions as a source of conflict, there are nonviolent tendencies in every religion that are frequently overlooked
- Though brief, I really enjoyed researching the nonviolent traditions of Islam, especially Jihad
- It is disturbing to think how different my life would be if I refused to contribute to violence
- Camus - we must raise our voices, we must make a choice to delegitimize violence
- Can torture be legitimized by the goal of saving lives?
- All nonviolence stems from finding our true nature
Friday, September 12, 2008
Reflections from 9/12
Posted by FB at 2:22 PM